Thursday, August 15, 2013

I'm Bad!

This character is an attempt to slowly break away from my normal style.  I went the opposite of my rules for attractive female characters: larger mouth, super thick eyebrows(any thicker and she'd be in uni-brow territory), larger nose(I've seen pretty girls with larger noses, but how do I make that work with my style?), and a strong, sharp jawline.  Luckily, after all that she still looks feminine somehow, but still too similar to my other stuff.  I'm trying to break away from the "same pretty face with different hairstyle" problem that I see with so many artists, but haven't succeeded.

Notice that if this character had black frizzy hair and a studded leather jacket, she could pass for Michael Jackson during his "I'm Bad" days.  I attempted to convince myself of her resemblance to former supermodel Cindy Crawford, and headed in that direction by putting a little beauty mark on her neck.  I had it on her cheek at first but couldn't make it work without looking like a mistake, and the resemblance to Cindy wasn't enough to make me forget about Michael.

Oh well, if you can't beat em, join em!

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsUXAEzaC3Q

No comments: